Hello! We are always excited for summer to arrive so our youth camps can begin. Kids entering 1st – 4th grade can take part in the SUMMER OUTBURST program (Recreation Gym, 98 Richards Way) while youth entering 5th-6th grade have an All New SO2 CAMP to explore at the Larry D. Johnson Community Center, 1200 12th Street. Both camps feature fun-themed weeks with age appropriate activities, including arts/crafts, swimming, field trips, bowling, games, Wild Island water slides and golf, skating, special guests and more!
Children will truly benefit from this recreation experience by meeting new friends and having FUN in a safe environment. We attempt to maintain a 10:1 participant to staff ratio for the younger age groups and a 12:1 ratio for the older age groups. Program hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please refer to the following regarding participation in the program.
- Emergency Information Form (PDF) or Fillable Form: A NEW emergency information form is required prior to the first date of attendance. The form must be submitted in person by parent/guardian with picture ID (NO EXCEPTIONS) at the Recreation Office, 98 Richards Way. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Phone: (775) 353-2376.
- Summer Parent Manual – Learn everything you need to know to participate in the Summer Outburst and SO2 programs.
- Rates: $156 or $130 for residents of Sparks (proof of residency required) per session. Drop-in rate is $48/day or $40/day for residents of Sparks. Drop-in (single day) registration begins the Thursday prior to the desired session and payment must occur through the Recreation Office (online not available for this option). PLEASE NOTE: This is a first-come, first- serve program. ****Payment only secures space****. There may be no drop-in spaces available given the demand for the program.
- Lunch/Snacks – A small bag lunch is available daily at both program locations provided by the Food Bank of Northern Nevada. If you would like your child to receive the lunch, just add their name to the lunch clipboard assigned to their group at morning drop off. Many families opt to bring their own lunch food. A free snack is also offered at 4 p.m., but parents are encouraged to pack extra snacks and water daily.
- Online Registration Instructions (Use of mobile devices/tablets not recommended for this online system). Online registration will be available but is TBD at this time.
- Cancellation Policy