Hello! We are excited for summer to arrive so our youth camps can begin. Kids entering 1st – 4th grade can take part in the SUMMER OUTBURST program (Recreation Gym, 98 Richards Way) while youth entering 5th-7th grade have an All New SO2 CAMP to explore at the Larry D. Johnson Community Center, 1200 12th Street. Both camps feature fun-themed weeks with age appropriate activities, including arts/crafts, swimming, field trips, bowling, games, Wild Island water slides and golf, skating, special guests and more!
Children will truly benefit from this recreation experience by meeting new friends and having FUN in a safe environment. We attempt to maintain a 10:1 participant to staff ratio for the younger age groups and a 12:1 ratio for the older age groups. Program hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Activity Schedules for Summer Outburst and SO2 Camps:
Week 5 (July 8-12, 2019): 1st grade; 2nd grade; 3rd grade; 4th grade; SO2 Camp 5th-7th grade
Week 6 (July 15-19, 2019): 1st grade (updated); 2nd grade; 3rd grade; 4th grade; SO2 Camp 5th-7th grade
Please refer to the following regarding participation in the program.
- Emergency Information Form (PDF) or Fillable Form: A NEW emergency information form is required prior to the first date of attendance. The form must be submitted in person by parent/guardian with picture ID (NO EXCEPTIONS) at the Recreation Office, 98 Richards Way. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Phone: (775) 353-2376.
- Summer Parent Manual – Learn everything you need to know to participate in the Summer Outburst and SO2 programs.
- Rates: $156 or $130 for residents of Sparks (proof of residency required) per session. Drop-in rate is $48/day or $40/day for residents of Sparks. Drop-in (single day) registration begins the Thursday prior to the desired session and payment must occur through the Recreation Office (online not available for this option). PLEASE NOTE: This is a first-come, first- serve program. ****Payment only secures space****. There may be no drop-in spaces available given the demand for the program.
- Lunch/Snacks – A small bag lunch is available daily at both program locations provided by the Food Bank of Northern Nevada. If you would like your child to receive the lunch, just add their name to the lunch clipboard assigned to their group at morning drop off. Many families opt to bring their own lunch food. A free snack is also offered at 4 p.m., but parents are encouraged to pack extra snacks and water daily.
- Online Registration Instructions (Use of mobile devices/tablets not recommended for this online system). Online registration will be available beginning June 11, and will be open from 12:00 p.m. on Mondays to 12:00 p.m. on Fridays for registration prior to the week of attendance, and is open anytime for future weeks thereafter. Registrations occurring before June 11th must be made through the Recreation Office in person or by phone (if updated/new emergency form is on file). ‘Week of’ registration is not available online and is subject to a late fee of $10. Space is limited – early registration advised.
- Cancellation Policy