Residential Applications & Forms
In the City of Sparks, a building permit is necessary to erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, remove, convert or demolish, equip, use, occupy or maintain any building or structure.
The plan review time needed for permit approval is determined by many factors, including the clarity and completeness of the application and the complexity of the project. Plans and applications that are not complete cannot be accepted by Permit Services. To help expedite the review process, be sure your plans, specifications and applications are clear and complete.
Residential Home Applications:
- Residential Application (Additions, detached garages, custom home, repeat home, model home.)
- Accessory Applications (Patio covers, fences, pools, spas, etc.)
- Express Permit Application (Re-roof, minor electrical, plumbing, or mechanical)
- Use this application when no drawings are required to be submitted.
- Owner Affidavit
- Use the Owner Affidavit any time work is being done by Home Owner.
- Right of Way Permit
- Use this application for driveway approaches, street cuts, curb & gutter, etc.
- Special Inspection Agreement (As requested by Plans Examiner when applicable)
- Used when special inspection is required by the IBC, the Architect or the Engineer.
Election to Defer Permit Fees
Patio Cover Worksheet
Common Home Projects
How to Draw a Site Plan