You must appear at the Sparks Municipal Court for arraignment on or before the date and time listed on your ticket, if any violation is a mandatory appearance (this will be noted next to the violations). All cases with at-fault accidents also require a mandatory appearance. All other citations may be paid in full on or before your scheduled court date. Paying your fine prior to your court date is referred to as post and forfeit. The court assumes that you are waiving your right to a hearing before a judge and admitting guilt if you choose this method to resolve your citation. A conviction will be entered on your criminal record if you choose to post and forfeit.
- In Person: Payments can be made in person at the Sparks Municipal Court from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon (closed from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. for lunch) and from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. In-person payments included cash, personal checks, money orders, cashier’s check, Visa, MasterCard, and debit cards. For your convenience during non-business hours, a payment drop box is located on the left side of the front doors of the courthouse. Please include your name and case number with your payment. Please make sure you write your information legibly to ensure proper credit to your case. (Checks and money orders should be made out to the “City of Sparks”). The Receipt issued by the court is proof of payment.
- By Mail: For payments sent through the mail, only personal checks, cashier’s checks, and money orders are accepted. It is not recommended to send cash payment vis the mail. Please include your name and case number with your payment information to ensure proper credit to your case. (Checks and money orders should be made out to the “City of Sparks”).
Payments can be mailed to:
- Sparks Municipal Court
1450 C Street
Sparks, Nevada 89431
- Online Payments: As part of our goal to make the resolution and payment of outstanding traffic cases as convenient as possible for our citizens, the Sparks Municipal Court has partnered with a third party service provider to offer payment of fines and/or fees over the internet.
Para informacion sobre como realizer un pago en linea, por favor comunicarse en la Corte Municipal de la Ciudad de Sparks a el numero (775) 353-2286.
Please be advised, GovPayNet, the service provider, does charge a convenience fee for payment processing.
Payments can be made with a major credit, debit or pre-paid debit card, including:
To make a payment online you will need the following 5 pieces of information. Once you have all 5 items, you can make a payment online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Defendant’s first and last name
- Defendant’s Case number
- Your email address (this will be how you receive a receipt for the payment)
- Payee’s name (the person making the payment)
- Telephone number
Before you can pay your traffic case online, you must contact the court at (775) 353-2286 to verify that your case is at the Sparks Municipal Court, that it has been entered onto the Court’s case management system, as well as verifying the total fine, fees and assessment amount to be paid.
*Any bail amount that may appear on the front of your citation does not necessarily reflect the total amount of fine, fees and assessments to be paid. You MUST contact the Court for the accurate total amount to be paid.
TO PAY IN FULL :
- To pay traffic violations online in full without appearing in court, you understand that by submitting the payment you are
- Voluntarily giving up your right to appear before a judge and
- Are entering a plea of guilty to the traffic violation(s).
- The disposition of your case will be reported to Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) when payment is received and your case is closed. The DMV may assess points on your driver’s license upon receipt of the disposition.
TO MAKE A PAYMENT:
- Payments made on cases in “payment” status must be submitted before midnight (Pacific Time) on the date due, to be considered as paid on time. Refer to the payment plan you received from the Court for your “payment due” date. Failure to abide by your payment plan agreement may result in a warrant for your arrest.
The Sparks Municipal Court will not accept payments online for mandatory appearance charges.
CASES WITH WARRANTS:
- If your case has a WARRANT, you can make an online payment. The payment you make must clear the warrant and you must make a payment towards your balance owed on your case or pay the case off in full. After making your online payment you are responsible for contacting the court the next business day to get set back up on payments (if you are not paying your case in full) and to ensure you are in compliance with DMV.
- If you make an online payment on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or a Holiday your warrant will still be in effect until the next business day.
Your failure to contact the court may result in a warrant for your arrest.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are making payment to the correct court, on the correct case, for the correct violation(s) and the correct fine amount.
- The Court will not be responsible for any fees charged or arrests made as the result of an erroneous payment.
Online Payments, Pay Location Code #8422