Kid Konnection Before/After School Program
The City of Sparks Kid Konnection before/after school program for Kindergarten (full day) through 5th grade operates on school days at 14 elementary schools located throughout Sparks and Spanish Springs. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. until 15 minutes before school starts for before school, and, from the time school is dismissed until 6 p.m. for after school. Participating schools include: Alice Maxwell (morning only), Alyce Taylor, Bud Beasley, Edward Van Gorder, Jerry Whitehead, Jesse Hall, Katherine Dunn, Lena Juniper, Lincoln Park (morning only), Lloyd Diedrichsen, Marvin Moss, Miguel Sepulveda, Robert Mitchell (morning only), and Spanish Springs. Following are the requirements to participate in the 2019-20 program:
- Please note: Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served and space available basis only. Enrollment maximums are set for programs. Many program sites will reach maximum capacity given the growth of our community. We strongly encourage you to sign up as early as possible to secure the days that you need. Only payment secures space.
- Emergency Information Form: City of Sparks Parks and Recreation has implemented ePACT in lieu of paper emergency information forms. ePACT is a secure online system which allows parents to easily monitor and update their contact information, emergency contacts, and pick-up list. All Out of School participants are required to have an ePACT emergency information form completed prior to registering for programs (Kid Konnection, Fall Break, Spring Vacation Fun, Summer Outburst and Christmas Capers).
- New Out of School customers are required to come, in person, to the office at 98 Richards Way and establish a household to become eligible to register for ePACT. Please bring photo ID and proof of residency with you.
- Existing Out of School customers may contact our office at 353-2376 to receive the ePACT account invitation by email.
- Steps to Complete Your ePACT Account Setup
- Contact or visit the Parks and Recreation Department Office at 98 Richards Way, 353-2376, and request an ePACT email invitation.
- ePACT requires families to have an active household with Parks & Recreation and an email address.
- Click the ePACT link within the email invitation and follow the steps to establish your account.
- You will receive an invitation email for each Please be sure to setup accounts for each individual child through the corresponding invitation.
- Click the orange “Share with the City of Sparks Parks & Recreation” button at the completion of your ePACT account setup to submit the completed form.
- Notify the Parks & Recreation office that your ePACT emergency form is complete.
- Upon verification of a completed ePACT emergency information form, you will be allowed to register for programs online (www.sparksrec.com), over the phone, 353-2376, or in person through the Sparks Parks and Recreation Department Office at 98 Richards Way.
- Rates: If you pay no later than the week prior to attendance (through the office or by noon on Friday), the cost is $5.25 per child/day for the morning program and $9.25 per child/day for the after school program. ‘Week of’ registration is $10.50 per child/day for the morning program and $15.75 per child/day for the after school program. In order to secure the early rate, payment must be received by 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays (through the office by phone or in person) or BY NOON on Friday online. Online registration is not available for ‘week of’ registrations.
- Cancellations/Transfers: Same day cancellations/transfers are not permitted. Cancellation requests submitted less than 14 days prior to the date of attendance are subject to a $3 processing fee. Read the full cancellation policy here. Download the form here. (Click here for form in Spanish)
- Monthly Calendars: November, December, January, February, March, April, May, June
- Online Registration Instructions: Online registration is permitted after a current Emergency Information form has been submitted/processed. Use of mobile devices/tablets not recommended for the online system.
- BAD WEATHER POLICY: The School District has developed a policy that on bad weather days they will either close school for the day or delay the start of the day. In either instance, the before school program will be cancelled. Days with delayed starts will usually have an after school program during the regular hours. No credits or refunds will be given for delayed starts or cancelled program days that are a result of bad weather or a Washoe County School District decision.
Know anyone looking for a part-time job? We continue to actively recruit new hires throughout the year to staff our youth watch programs. Please share this information with anyone you know who may be interested in joining our team! Apply online at www.cityofsparks.us/recjobs.
Questions? Please call (775) 353-2376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!