Kid Konnection Before/After School Program
The City of Sparks Kid Konnection before/after school program for Kindergarten (full day) through 5th grade operates on school days at 14 elementary schools located throughout Sparks and Spanish Springs. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. until school starts for before school, and, from the time school is dismissed until 6 p.m. for after school. Participating schools include: Alice Maxwell (morning only), Alyce Taylor, Bud Beasley, Edward Van Gorder, Jerry Whitehead, Jesse Hall, Katherine Dunn, Lena Juniper, Lincoln Park (morning only), Lloyd Diedrichsen, Marvin Moss, Miguel Sepulveda, Robert Mitchell (morning only), and Spanish Springs. Following are the requirements to participate in the 2019-20 program:
- Please note: Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served and space available basis only. Enrollment maximums are set for programs. Some program sites will reach maximum capacity given the growth of our community. We strongly encourage you to sign up as early as possible to secure the days that you need. Payment only secures space.
- Emergency Information Form: Download the 2019-20 form here (click here for fillable pdf form). A new form is required at the start of each school year prior to the first date of attendance. The form (one per child) must be submitted in person by parent/guardian with picture ID (NO EXCEPTIONS) at the Recreation Office, 98 Richards Way. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., phone: (775) 353-2376.
- Parent Brochure: Includes everything you need to know to participate in the Kid Konnection program.
- Rates: If you pay no later than the week prior to attendance (through the office or by noon on Friday), the cost is $5.25 per child/day for the morning program and $9.25 per child/day for the after school program. ‘Week of’ registration is $10.50 per child/day for the morning program and $15.75 per child/day for the after school program. In order to secure the early rate, payment must be received by 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays (through the office by phone or in person) or BY NOON on Friday online. Online registration is not available for ‘week of’ registrations.
- Cancellations/Transfers: Same day cancellations/transfers are not permitted. Cancellation requests submitted less than 14 days prior to the date of attendance are subject to a $3 processing fee. Read the full cancellation policy here. Download the form here. (Click here for form in Spanish)
- Monthly Calendars: October, November, December
- Online Registration Instructions: Online registration is permitted after a current Emergency Information form has been submitted/processed. Use of mobile devices/tablets not recommended for the online system.
- BAD WEATHER POLICY: The School District has developed a policy that on bad weather days they will either close school for the day or delay the start of the day. In either instance, the before school program will be cancelled. Days with delayed starts will usually have an after school program during the regular hours. No credits or refunds will be given for delayed starts or cancelled program days that are a result of bad weather or a Washoe County School District decision.
Know anyone looking for a part-time job? We continue to actively recruit new hires throughout the year to staff our youth watch programs. Please share this information with anyone you know who may be interested in joining our team! Apply online at www.cityofsparks.us/recjobs.
Questions? Please call (775) 353-2376 or email email@example.com. Thank you!