Most recent updates

  • All
  • Committees
  • Departments
  • FAQs
  • News
  • Resources
  • Events

{{item.title | truncate 40}}

{{item.description | truncate 130}}

{{item.categories.join(', ')}}
Sorry, there are no results matching your criteria.
Menu Close

City Attorneys Office Information

Citizen Complaints Re: Booting of Vehicles

If you feel booting practices are in violation of the Sparks Municipal Code (§5.78 “Booting”) please access the link to the “Booting Ordinance Complaint Form,” fill out and return to the Sparks City Attorney’s Office, via fax (775) 353-1688, mail or hand delivery. We will review your complaint and contact the appropriate organization involved.

Your complaint is very important to us and will be investigated to ensure that the Sparks Municipal Code is being complied with. You may be contacted by this office for additional information or called upon to testify before the Sparks City Council or to file a police report with the Sparks Police Department.


Prosecutes misdemeanors committed by adults in Sparks Municipal Court, including DUI’s, traffic violations, domestic violence, assault and battery, petty theft, building or fire code violations and public nuisances.
Represents the City in criminal appeals brought in Nevada District Court
The City Attorney’s Victim Advocate provides services and support to victims and families, contacts and interviews witnesses and provides factual information to the Courts.


Defends the City in federal and state court litigation, including the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Nevada Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court in matters involving:
Civil rights violations
Personal injury, property damage
Contracts and collection of debts
Civil enforcement of ordinances and statutes
Real Property matters involving planning, zoning, easements and eminent domain.


Advises city agencies in all aspects of government law
e.g. zoning, licensing, public works, public procurement, open meeting law, labor relations
Attend all public meetings
Day to day advice to city agencies and law enforcement personnel
Formal written Opinions – Our Opinions are now online.
Advises and assists City Agencies and Departments in commercial transactions
Drafting and approving contracts and documents Real estate transactions
Prepares legislation (charter changes, ordinances, resolutions)