Most recent updates including Phase 2 guideline information

  • All
  • Committees
  • Departments
  • FAQs
  • News
  • Resources
  • Events

{{item.title | truncate 40}}

{{item.description | truncate 130}}

{{item.categories.join(', ')}}
Sorry, there are no results matching your criteria.
Menu Close



I am having difficulty with my landlord. Where can I find assistance?

The following organization may be able to help: Northern Nevada Apartment Association (775) 322-6622

Read More

How do I file a claim for damages against the City?

Claims for damages against the City must be filed with the City’s Risk Manager within the applicable statute of limitations. A claim form can be obtained by calling (775) 353-2345….

Read More

Where can I find City Ordinances?

The City Clerk’s Office maintains, updates, and publishes the Sparks Municipal Code (SMC). Copies of the SMC are found in most local public libraries and is also available online.

Read More

Does the Sparks City Attorney write the City’s laws?

The Sparks City Attorney generally helps City departments, the Mayor, and the City Council with all types of important legal documents, including proposed ordinances to change City law. In most…

Read More

What is a subpoena?

A subpoena is a Court Order that requires you to come to Court on a specified date and time because you are a potential witness in a criminal case. If…

Read More

Why were charges filed when I just wanted the police to make him/her stop?

The law requires police to make an arrest when they see that someone has been hurt by domestic violence. The police may arrest one or more of the people involved….

Read More

What can I do if I am a victim of domestic violence?

Dial 9-1-1 immediately if the abuser is still there. Victims of abuse can get temporary Protection Orders requiring the abuser to stay away and have no contact with their victim….

Read More

What is domestic violence?

Domestic violence is a physical confrontation between family members or people in a relationship that live together. It may involve husband/wife; boyfriend/girlfriend; parent/child or even brothers and sisters.

Read More

Can I get an appointed lawyer?

The Court will appoint a defense lawyer to people accused of crimes only if they cannot afford to hire a lawyer, and if the City Attorney is asking for jail…

Read More

Can I “drop charges”?

Although the City Attorney always considers the wishes of crime victims in making decisions concerning prosecution, those decisions are made solely by the office. The Prosecutor must consider many factors…

Read More