City of Sparks Announces Road Closures/Information for Hot August Nights Event
Sparks, NV – Beginning next week, the region will host more than 5000 classic cars during the Annual Hot August Nights Event in Sparks and Reno August 7-12. Events will be scattered between the two cities at venues such as the Nugget, Baldini’s, Grand Sierra Resort and Atlantis, as well as downtown streets in Sparks and Reno.
Officials at the city of Sparks say there will be key road closures during the event, including hard closures in downtown Sparks from Monday, August 6 at 2:00 pm until Sunday, August 12 at 2:00 p.m.
Closures will include:
• Victorian Ave at Pyramid Highway
• Victorian Ave at 15th street (gated with security–entrance for registered participants)
• 15th Street at Fountain House and South at Siegal Suites
• 11th Street/Victorian Plaza Circle East at C Street
• 11th Street/Victorian Plaza Circle East at Nugget Avenue (gated with security–entrance for registered participants)
• 14th Street/Victorian Plaza Circle West at C Street
• 13th Street at Avenue of the Oaks (gated with security)
• 10th Street at C Street
• C Street at Avenue of the Oaks
Parking is available at the parking garage next to the Victorian Square theatre (enter on Victorian Plaza Circle or 12th Street and the lot South of the movie theatre from 13th Street gate).
Officials are asking spectators and participates to note the following cruise closures/information in downtown Sparks for August 8 and August 11 from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.:
• Eastbound and westbound Pyramid off-ramps will be closed.
• Pyramid on-ramps will be open with traffic diversions on Pyramid under the structure to Nugget Avenue.
• Eastbound Rock on-ramp will be closed to alleviate Pyramid eastbound closure complications.
• Vehicles are asked to enter the cruise at 21st Street and Victorian Ave. as side streets will be closed to registered cars entering during the cruise events.
Don’t Drive Arrive:
Spectators are encouraged to leave their vehicles at home and find alternative transportation methods to get to the event such as walking, biking, using public transit, rideshare or carpool. Information about finding alternative ways to get to Hot August Nights can be found at www.DontDriveArrive.com.
Limebike parking is encouraged at the Centennial Plaza bus station (15th and Victorian) and behind the Museum in Memorial Park (Pyramid Highway and C Street).
HAN ROAD CLOSURE MAP FINAL