4th of July Road Closures
Sparks, NV – On July 4, the Nugget Casino Resort will host Star Spangled Sparks in downtown Victorian Square. There will be road closures in the surrounding area from July 3 – July 5, 2019. These closures include time for event set up and tear down.
Downtown closure times are Wednesday, July 3 from 12:30 a.m. to Friday, July 5 at 12:30 a.m.
- Victorian Avenue, from 15th Street to Pyramid Highway.
- Victorian Plaza Circle – East (11th Street) from south of the Bridges to Victorian Avenue.
- Avenue of the Oaks will be closed in front of the Galaxy theatre for one block east and one block west.
- 10th Street from south of the alley to Victorian Avenue.
Parking is available in the Nugget Casino Resort’s parking garage, their West parking lot and in the City of Sparks parking garage next to the Galaxy Theatre (enter on Victorian Plaza Circle by the plaza or 12th Street). Handicapped parking is located in the lot directly across from the Nugget Event Center with access at Nugget Avenue and Victorian Plaza Circle East (11th Street.)
Park and ride shuttles to downtown Sparks will be available starting at 6:00 p.m. at two locations:
- 510 Greenbrae Drive near the corner of Greenbrae Drive and 4th Street in Sparks
- Reno Livestock Event Center at 1350 N. Wells Avenue in Reno
All other spectators are encouraged to leave their cars at home and find alternative transportation methods: walk, bike, public transit, rideshare and carpool. Rideshare drop off will be on Victorian Ave, the Northwest corner of the West Tower.
Other non-concert related closures include Victorian Plaza Circle – West (14th Street) to C Street due to construction in that area and 10th Street Northbound is closed for construction.
About the event:
Star Spangled Sparks, Victorian Square
July 4, 7:00-10:30 p.m.
Food, entertainment and an evening capped with fireworks. Estimated launch time is 9:45 p.m. Follow Nugget Twitter feed at @SparksNugget for wind delays on launch time.