• All
  • Committees
  • Departments
  • FAQs
  • News
  • Resources
  • Events

{{item.title | truncate 40}}

{{item.description | truncate 130}}

{{item.categories.join(', ')}}
Sorry, there are no results matching your criteria.
Menu Close

What kind of supporting documents may I need for my permit?

1. What are Special Inspections and when are they required?

  • Special Inspections are for the monitoring of materials and workmanship that are critical to the integrity of the building structure or public safety. To find out if your project requires any special inspections, please contact the plans preparer. All information related to special inspection requirements can be found in Section 1704 of the International Building Code. Click to download the Special Inspection Agreement.

2. What is a Certificate of Occupancy and how do I obtain one?

  • A Certificate of Occupancy is issued for any change of use or new building construction. Your Building Inspector can issue a Certificate of Occupancy and will only do so after the completion of all inspections. Your Building Inspector will notify you when your Certificate will be available and you may pick it up from the City Hall Customer Service desk between 8 a.m. -5 p.m.

3. Who do I contact for questions about asbestos?

  • Washoe County Air Quality Division- You may call them at 775-328-2400 or visit them at 1001 E. 9th Street, Building B, Suite 171 between 8 a.m. -4:30 p.m.