What happens when my permit is approved? What happens next?
1. Who May Apply For & Pick-Up A Building Permit?
- Anyone may apply for a building permit however, all plan check fees must be paid at the time of submittal. If the application is an over-the-counter permit and the applicant is an owner/builder, the permit will only be issued if the owner of the property is present and able to complete the State of Nevada Contractors Board Owner/Builder Affidavit.
- For information on the permit process and requirements for permit issuance, please click here.
2. When can I begin work after applying?
- You cannot begin work until you have received an approved Building Permit Card from the Building and Safety Division. If work is started before permit issuance, violators can be charged double the original fee and/or a violation notice can be posted against the owner and the contractor.
3. What do I do with my Permit card and why is it important?
- At the time of issuance, you will receive a green plastic envelope that contains a cardstock Permit card, your receipt, an Inspector card and any copies related to your project. Your Permit card MUST be on display at the job site and at the time of inspections, your inspector will sign the back of your card. Failure to keep your Permit card accessible could result in delaying the inspection process.
4. Do permits expire? Is there anything I can do to keep it from expiring?
- You permit application will expire 180 days from the time submitted if not issued.
- After issuance, your permit will expire if work is not started within 180 days or work is started but has been abandoned for 180 days or more.
- It’s also important to remember that with each new approved inspection, the 180 day clock restarts.
- If you would like to file an extension, you must do so in writing explaining extenuating circumstances before the 180th day.
5. What happens if my permit expired and I want to renew it but the Building Department has adopted a new code?
- In the event that you wish to renew a permit that was approved under a previous code, you will need to either bring the approved plans up to the new code or file for a new permit altogether. For help on how to proceed with renewing your permit, please contact the Building Department at 775-353-2306.