Do I need a temporary use permit?
A temporary use permit is required for the following uses: Seasonal sales (Christmas tree or pumpkin lots), construction yards, farmer’s markets, garage and yard sales, outdoor events, model home complexes and temporary sales office trailers. The need for a non-profit organization selling cookies, popcorn, etc, to obtain a temporary use permit has been removed if the standards listed below can be met. For more information, refer to Sparks Municipal Code Section 20.03.040.
Standards for Temporary Uses Associated with a Non-Profit organization
- A Temporary Use Permit is not required
- A valid City Business License shall be obtained.
- Walkways shall not be obstructed or clear width reduced to less than 8 feet.
- Required parking shall not be reduced because of the temporary use.
- Vehicle circulation shall not be inhibited due to the temporary use.
- The temporary use shall be located at a site with a valid City Business License.
- The temporary use shall not exceed the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- At the termination of the temporary use, the site shall be completely cleared of all debris/materials associated with the temporary use.
- The Non-profit organization shall obtain written permission from the property owner where the temporary use will occur.
- The Administrator may add additional conditions to protect the health, safety and welfare of the community.
- If the Non-profit organization cannot comply with one or more of these conditions, the Administrator may consider requests for exemption(s).