• All
  • Committees
  • Departments
  • FAQs
  • News
  • Resources
  • Events

{{item.title | truncate 40}}

{{item.description | truncate 130}}

{{item.categories.join(', ')}}
Sorry, there are no results matching your criteria.
Menu Close

Do I need a building permit for a shed (accessory building) and what are the setbacks?

The Sparks Municipal code requires that all accessory buildings over 200 square feet be issued a building permit. The accessory building must be placed in the rear yard at a minimum setback of five (5) feet from the side and rear property line along with at least ten (10) feet from the main structure. Refer to Sparks Municipal Code Section 20.04.002 Accessory Structures for details.