Most recent updates

  • All
  • Committees
  • Departments
  • FAQs
  • News
  • Resources
  • Events

{{item.title | truncate 40}}

{{item.description | truncate 130}}

{{item.categories.join(', ')}}
Sorry, there are no results matching your criteria.
Menu Close

Can I attend traffic school as a means of having my citation amended or to reduce the points on my driver’s license?

Generally, if the citation was not for a serious traffic violation, and you have not had an accident or other moving traffic violation in the past years, you can attend traffic school in order to have the citation amended to a non-moving violation, if approved by the Judge. If you complete the traffic school as directed and supply proof of the completion within the allotted time period to the court, neither the original not the amended charge will be reported to the DMV. Traffic school is separate and apart from the court. You will be charged a fee to attend class in person or online.