SUMMER OUTBURST is available to youth entering 1st – 7th grade and features fun-themed weeks with age appropriate activities, including arts and crafts, swimming, field trips, bowling, active games, Wild Island water slides and golf, skating, special guests and more! These activities are included in the registration fee. Children will truly benefit from this recreation experience by meeting new friends and having FUN in a safe environment. We attempt to maintain a 10:1 participant to staff ratio for the younger age groups and a 12:1 ratio for the older age groups. Program hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Recreation Gym, 98 Richards Way. Please refer to the following regarding participation in the 2017 program.
- Emergency Information Form (PDF) or Fillable Form: A NEW emergency information form is required prior to the first date of attendance. The form must be submitted in person by parent/guardian with picture ID (NO EXCEPTIONS) at the Recreation Office, 98 Richards Way. Please also download, complete and submit this field trip form. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Phone: (775) 353-2376.
- Summer Outburst Parent Manual – Includes everything you need to know to participate in the Summer Outburst program.
- Rates: $144 or $120 for residents of Sparks (proof of residency required) per session. Drop-in rate is $43/day or $36/day for residents of Sparks. Drop-in (single day) registration begins the Thursday prior to the desired session and payment must occur through the Recreation Office (online not available for this option).
- Online Registration Instructions (Use of mobile devices/tablets not recommended for this online system). Online registration begins on June 12, and is open from 12:00 p.m. on Mondays to 12:00 p.m. on Fridays for registration prior to the week of attendance, and is open anytime for future weeks thereafter. ‘Week of’ registration is not available online.
- Cancellation Policy
- Week 8 Schedules (July 31-Aug. 4): 1st-2nd Grade; 3rd-4th Grade; 5th-7th Grade