Kid Konnection Before/After School Program
The City of Sparks Kid Konnection before/after school program for Kindergarten (full day) through 6th grade operates on school days at 14 elementary schools located throughout Sparks and Spanish Springs. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. until school starts for before school, and, from the time school is dismissed until 6 p.m. for after school. Participating schools include: Bud Beasley, Lloyd Diedrichsen, Katherine Dunn, Jesse Hall, Lena Juniper, Alice Maxwell, Robert Mitchell, Marvin Moss, Lincoln Park, Miguel Sepulveda, Spanish Springs, Alyce Taylor, Edward Van Gorder, Jerry Whitehead. Please note the following requirements to participate in the 2017-18 program:
- Emergency Information Form: A new emergency information form is required at the start of each school year prior to the first date of attendance. The form must be submitted in person by parent/guardian with picture ID (NO EXCEPTIONS) and proof of residence at the Recreation Office, 98 Richards Way. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Phone: (775) 353-2376. Download the Emergency Information Form for 2017-18 (click here for a fillable version of the form).
- Parent Manual: Includes everything you need to know to participate in the Kid Konnection program.
- Rates: If you pay no later than the week prior to attendance, the cost is $5 per child/day for the morning program and $8.75 per child/day for the after school program. ‘Week of’ registration is $10 per child/day for the morning program and $15 per child/day for the after school program. Definitely a cost savings to avoid ‘week of payments’! In order to secure the early rate, payment must be received by 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays (through the office by phone or in person) or BY NOON on Friday online. Online registration is not available for ‘week of’ registrations.
- Cancellations/Transfers: Same day cancellations/transfers are not permitted. Cancellation requests submitted less than 14 days prior to the date of attendance are subject to a $3 processing fee. Read the full cancellation policy here.
- DOWNLOAD THE CANCELLATION/REFUND REQUEST FORM here.
- Monthly calendars: August, September, October, November, December
- Online Registration Instructions: Online registration is permitted after a current Emergency Information form has been submitted/processed. Use of mobile devices/tablets not recommended for this online system.