• All
  • Businesses
  • Committees
  • Departments
  • FAQs
  • News
  • Resources
  • Events

{{item.title | truncate 40}}

{{item.description | truncate 130}}

{{item.categories.join(', ')}}
Sorry, there are no results matching your criteria.
Menu Close

Host or Produce an Event in Sparks

The City of Sparks plays host to a variety of outdoor special events, primarily on Victorian Square and the Sparks Marina, from spring through fall. With fundraising walks, farmers’ markets, and street festivals–our assortment of events attract over 1 million attendees.

We encourage producers to consider Sparks as a great location for their events with lovely venues and concisely navigable permitting process. It is our goal to assist event organizers in planning safe and successful events that create a minimal impact on the communities surrounding the events.

To begin planning for the event:

Special Event Manual: This document contains all the definitions and instructions you might find helpful in completing your Special Event Permit Application.

Special Event Municipal Codes: These are the laws and regulations for the City of Sparks that relate to events.

Permits/License needed:

Special Event Application: This is the application to complete if you are planning an event in a City of Sparks public venue. (Note: An event is one that creates impact on the venue with the following criteria: more than 250 participants/spectators, or road closures/high impact activities. Please contact the special events office if you are unclear of the definition of your event or party.) In order to complete the online application you will need a signed Hold Harmless Agreement and Affidavit (see important documents at the bottom of the page), Site Map (see links below for templates), and Certificate of Insurance. All documents can be updated at a later date.

All event producers are required to have a City of Sparks Business License.

Click the following links to find the vendor/exhibitor permit information for the City of Sparks.

State of Nevada Taxation Iinstructions

Please see the State of Nevada Taxation Department at least two weeks prior to the scheduled event to obtain promoter instructions and application, related tax statutes, and the necessary number of “One-Time Permits”. (NAC 372.180).  The link to the instructions and forms is here under ONE TIME EVENT. If you are a VENDOR attending a one-time event, tradeshow or convention in Nevada, please contact your event promoter to obtain your “One-Time Permit” to make sales in Nevada. You will be required to remit whatever sales tax is collected, to the promoter at the end of the event. All checks should be made payable to the Nevada Department of Taxation.

Other jurisdictions:

If your event is serving food, please see the Washoe County Health District for regulations, permits and fees.

For events utilizing motorized vehicles on the Marina, a permit is required from the Nevada Department of Wildlife. Additionally, a ISC decal is required for all boats.

For events utilizing State of Nevada highways or roads, an additional NDOT permit may be required.

Important Documents:

For more information regarding permits, contact the Sparks Special Events office at 775-353-7856 or EventInfo@CityofSparks.us.