What: Summer Food Drive 2018, in collaboration with Washoe County, City of Reno and City of Sparks
When: The community is welcome and encouraged to bring in non-perishable food donation items to bins at multiple locations at the three municipalities before August 1, 2018.
Where: Northern Nevada Food Bank bins are located at the following locations throughout the region:
- Reno City Hall, One E. First Street: 2nd and 6th floors (deadline to donate at this location 7/24)
- Reno Building Inspectors Corpyard trailer, 1745 East Commercial Row (deadline to donate at this location 7/24)
- City of Sparks Parks and Recreation Building, 98 Richards Way, Sparks, NV
- Sparks City Hall, 431 Prater Way Sparks, NV
- Washoe County Administration Building, 1001 E. 9th Street, Reno, NV
Virtual Giving Opportunity
For those that would rather donate money, please click on the link below. Did you know that every dollar equals three meals?
What should be donated? Most needed items:
- Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Spaghetti/Ravioli (Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Protein: Peanut Butter, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Dried or Canned Beans
- Grains: Whole Grain Cereal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta
- Fruits: Canned (Packed in 100% Juice or Light Syrup), Dried Fruit, Applesauce (No Sugar Added), 100% Fruit Juice Boxes
- Vegetables: Canned (No Salt Added and/or Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Dairy: Shelf Stable Milk
- Kid-friendly Snacks: Granola Bars, Popcorn, Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers
- Baby Products: Formula, Infant Cereal, Baby Food
Click here to see the Summer Food Drive 2018 flyer.