Sparks Marina Swim Season Concludes on Sept. 4
Sparks, NV – With summer quickly winding down, there are only two weekends left to enjoy recreational swimming at the Sparks Marina. Weather permitting, the designated swim area at the north beach only will be open August 26-27, from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and September 2-4, from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The public is encouraged to keep the Sparks Marina a safe, inviting place for everyone by observing the following:
• Do not distract the lifeguards while they are working. Questions should be directed to the Alf Sorensen Community Center at (775) 353-2385.
• In the case of an emergency, call 911.
• Children under eight years of age must have an adult with them in the designated swim area at all times. Keeping your child within an arm’s length is a good policy to follow.
• Toys, rafts, noodles, etc. cannot be used in place of swimming ability or for water safety purposes.
• Groups of 25 or more must make a reservation.
• Shade areas are first-come, first-served unless they are rented.
The Sparks Marina Park is located at 300 Howard Drive. For more information, call (775) 353-2385 or go online to www.cityofsparks.us.