City of Sparks Partners with Sparks Museum and Cultural Center to Bring People Downtown to Experience the Area
Last Friday Campaign is a Monthly Event with Free Activities for Families
For Immediate Release
CONTACT: Francine Burge, Special Events Supervisor, email@example.com
Sparks, NV – The City of Sparks is teaming up with the Sparks Museum and Cultural Center to bring you “Last Friday,” the last Friday of the month from May to September (5/26, 6/30, 7/28, 8/25, 9/29). Visitors can experience the museum, tour the train and Glendale Schoolhouse for free with docents on hand for tours. A free movie is scheduled in the amphitheater.
• Museum and Gallery: Visitors can see the latest art show upstairs in the Cultural Center and explore Sparks’ history downstairs with artifacts and displays.
• Historic Schoolhouse: The school marm is holding class from the past in the nationally registered historic Glendale Schoolhouse, newly restored for its 150th birthday.
• Train: The conductor leads a tour through the steam locomotive, a cupola caboose and a Pullman executive car.
• Local acoustic bands are set for the Great Basin Stage at 7:30 p.m. May’s featured performer is Arnold Mitchem of the Bourgeois Gypsies.
• To cap off the evening, a FREE family friendly movie will be shown in the outdoor amphitheater. Attendees are encouraged to bring a blanket and chair. May’s movie is Napoleon Dynamite. Movie starts at dusk, approximately 8:15 p.m.
• Popcorn and ice cream sandwiches will be for sale.
• May 26 – Napoleon Dynamite
• June 30 – Uncle Buck
• July 28 – Beauty and the Beast: Singalong (Dress as your favorite princess)
• August 25 – Bugs Bunny
• September 29 – Original Frankenstein with Boris Karloff
Bands at Great Basin:
• May – Arnold Mitchem
• June – Jason King
• July – Tyler Stafford
• August – TBA
• September – TBA
For more information about the City of Sparks events, please visit cityofsparks.us or call (775) 353-7856.