City of Sparks Announces RTC’s Upcoming Maintenance and Construction Schedule
Sparks, NV—During the next few weeks, the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) will continue construction projects on Sparks and Vista Boulevards and the Pyramid/McCarran Intersection in the city of Sparks. Those driving from northern Sparks and the Spanish Springs area are encouraged to plan ahead for their commute, as delays can be expected.
- Sparks Boulevard— Beginning Sunday, August 13, pavement patching, sealing and striping work will begin on Sparks Boulevard between Interstate 80 and Pyramid Highway. To alleviate most traffic impacts, all patching work will be done at night between 7:00 pm and 6:00 am. The majority of the remaining work will occur during the daytime hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. During daytime construction, closure of southbound lanes on Spark Boulevard will not occur prior to 9:00 am and northbound lane closures will not occur after 3:00 pm to minimize traffic delays during peak commute hours.
- Vista Boulevard—Beginning Sunday, August 20, pavement patching and maintenance work will begin on Vista Boulevard between Interstate 80 and Campello Drive. Most work will be done at night between the hours of 7:00 pm and 6:00 am. Daytime work will continue during non-commute peak hours.
A minimum of one travel lane will remain open in each direction on these roadways during construction. Drivers can expect short duration traffic delays during this project. The project is anticipated to complete in early September.
Pyramid/McCarran Intersection— Paving operations on Pyramid Way will begin Monday, August 21 to 23.
- Roberta Way and the Starbucks entrance will be closed to through traffic so drivers are encouraged to use the entrance/exit on McCarran Boulevard to access the businesses in Sparks Mercantile. Please see the attached map.
- Day time work closures are possible from 7 am to 7 pm. Drivers can expect delays on Pyramid Way and McCarran Blvd.
- Bicyclists are advised to use alternate routes around the work zone.
- Flashing crosswalk signs have been installed around the work zone for increased pedestrian safety and driver awareness.
The following road closures are in effect:
- York Way between Pyramid Way and Nelson
- Emerson Way at Pyramid Way
- Queen Way east of Pyramid Way
All schedules and traffic controls are weather dependent
For specific project updates, please visit the engineering and construction section of RTC’s website www.rtcwashoe.com or call RTC at (775) 348-0400.