City of Sparks 2017 Summer Swim Schedule Announced for Outdoor Venues
For Immediate Release
CONTACT: Andre Stigall, (775) 353-7857, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sparks, NV – With the summer season quickly approaching, the City of Sparks is scheduled to open the designated swim area at the Sparks Marina and the outdoor pool at Deer Park beginning May 27. Following is the 2017 outdoor swim schedule (weather permitting):
Sparks Marina Park – Location: 300 Howard Drive, Cost: Free. Recreational swimming is permitted in the designated swim area at the north beach only:
• May 27-29, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• June 3-4, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• June 10 – August 6, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• July 4, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Aug. 12-13, Aug. 19-20, Aug. 26-27, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Sept. 2-4, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The public is encouraged to keep the Sparks Marina a safe, inviting place for everyone by observing the following:
• Do not distract the lifeguards while they are working. Questions should be directed to the Alf Sorensen Community Center at (775) 353-2385.
• In the case of an emergency, call 911.
• Children under eight years of age must have an adult with them in the designated swim area at all times. Keeping your child within an arm’s length is a good policy to follow.
• Toys, rafts, noodles, etc. cannot be used in place of swimming ability or for water safety purposes.
• Groups of 25 or more must make a reservation.
• Shade areas are first-come, first-served unless they are rented.
Deer Park Pool – Location: 1700 Prater Way, Cost: Youth (under 18 yrs.) – $3; Adult (18 yrs. – 54 yrs.) – $5; Senior (55 yrs. & older) – $4; Family (up to 6 members) – $15; Super Summer Swim Pass – $168 ($140 for residents of Sparks) includes four children and two adults; Summer Youth Pass – $48 ($40 for residents of Sparks). The Super Summer Swim Pass and Summer Youth Pass are valid at Deer Park Pool and the pool at Alf Sorensen Community Center, 1400 Baring Blvd.
Recreational swimming in the heated, zero-entry pool at Deer Park is available from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, and 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday on the following dates: May 27-29, June 10 – Aug. 6 (daily), Aug. 12-13, Aug. 19-20, Aug. 26-27 and Sept. 2-4. A ‘$2 Tuesdays’ promotion will be in place throughout the summer offering all ages a reduced rate of $2 per person to swim on Tuesdays.
Swim lessons will be conducted at Deer Park pool in two-week sessions (eight lessons), Monday – Thursday, June 12 – August 3. Lesson times are 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 11:15 a.m. Pre-registration is required.
For more information, call (775) 353-2385 or go online to www.cityofsparks.us.