Reporting to the City Manager, the City’s Public Information/Community Relations office exists to:
- Lead and manage the City’s Governmental Affairs Programs to include building relationships with local, state, federal officials and agencies.
- Coordinate city staff technical support for legislative efforts.
- Assist the City Manager and Council in managing the city’s Legislative Platform.
- Legislative Platform:The City of Sparks Legislative Platform provides general positions and guidance to its government affairs function on a host of legislative matters at the state and federal level. The Legislative Platform includes issues the Sparks City Council believes to be critical to the future of the City. Key issues addressed in the document include public safety, labor relations, economic, housing and community development, infrastructure and general government measures.
- Program policies within the City of Sparks Legislative Platform are courses of action the city wants to engage in order to influence and determine legislative decisions at the federal, state and local levels. The detailed report gives a straightforward introduction to the Nevada State Legislature and how the City of Sparks works within the legislative process.