Reporting to the City Manager, the City’s Community & Government Relations office exists to:
- Provide public information for the City.
- Serve as a liaison and chief spokesperson to the media on City government affairs, 24 hours a day.
- Develops, coordinates and implements City wide marketing and communication strategies.
- Promotes citizen involvement in City government; provide opportunities for residents to learn about City government programs, services and operations.
- Manages the City’s government television station, Sparks Centennial Television Channel 215 (Charter Cable), or streaming on the web.
- Manages the City’s Governmental Affairs Programs to include building relationship with local, state, and federal officials and agencies.
- Coordinate city staff technical support for legislative efforts.
- Assist the City Manager and Council in managing the city's Legislative Platform.
Legislative Platform: The City of Sparks Legislative Platform provides general positions and guidance to its government affairs function on a host of legislative matters at the state and federal level. The Legislative Platform includes issues that the Sparks City Council believes to be critical to the future of the city. Key issues addressed in the document include public safety, labor relations, economic, housing and community development, infrastructure and general government measures.
Program policies within the City of Sparks Legislative Platform are courses of action that the city wants to engage in order to influence and determine legislative decisions at the federal, state and local levels. The detailed report gives a straightforward introduction to the Nevada State Legislature and how the City of Sparks works within the legislative process.
Adam R. Mayberry
Community Relations Manager
Note: In order to view the Legislative Platform, you must have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you don't have it, click the icon to the left to download it for free.