Ward 5 Councilman Kristopher Dahir has been elected to his first term serving the City and residents of Ward 5. He succeeds Councilman Ron Schmitt. Councilman Dahir has called Nevada “home” for 36 years. Mr. Dahir holds degrees in psychology and strategic leadership. For most of his career, he has concentrated on work with non-profits and businesses to help them run more concise and focused operations. His residency in Sparks is highlighted by community service. He is a founding board member of the 39 North Downtown Sparks community group and serves on the Nevada Veterans Memorial Board. Mr. Dahir is a Rotarian, a pastor at Freedom Fellowship, and is director of Advancement at Excel Christian School. He and his wife Melissa of 24 years have two sons.
Contact Council Member Kristopher Dahir:
Office: (775) 353-2311
Am I in this ward? View the ward map to find out!
BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS:
- Capitol Funding Protection Committee
- Oversight Committee for School Facilities
- Debt Management Commission - Alternate
- Regional transportation Commission (RTC) - Alternate #1
- Reno/Sparks Joint Sewer Coordinating Committee - Alternate
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) - Alternate
- Washoe County District Board of Health
- Western Nevada Development District - Alternate
- Redevelopment Agency, Vice Chair