Ward 2 - Council Member, Ed Lawson
Ed Lawson was elected to the City Council in November, 2010, and reelected in 2014. He was born in Sunnyside, WA, and grew up in Las Vegas, NV. He attended Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO.
Councilman Lawson worked for the Young Electric Sign Company (YESCO) for 15 years, holding positions in sales and management and served on the organization's government relations committee. He is active in the Sparks Rotary Club and volunteers time to the community. A champion of economic development, Councilman Lawson also plays a significant leadership role with the annual Kid's Free Fishing Day, which attracts more than 3,000 kids to the Sparks Marina. In 2014, he was recognized as the Public Official of the Year by the Builders Association of Northern Nevada.
Mr. Lawson and his wife Dianne have two sons who graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Contact Council Member Ed Lawson:
Am I in this ward? View the ward map to find out!
BOARDS & COMMISSIONS:
- Western Nevada Development District
- Board of Directors, Truckee River Flood Management Authority
- Western Regional Water Commission
- Regional Planning Governing Board
- Board of Directors, EDAWN
- Board of Trustees, Washoe County Senior Services
- Board of Directors, Reno Sparks Convention & Visitor's Authority (RSCVA)