Ward 1 Councilman Donald Abbott has been elected to his first term serving the City and residents of Ward 1 succeeding former councilwoman (now Nevada State Senator) Julia Ratti.
Mr. Abbott, a Sparks native, graduated with honors from Sparks High School in 2008, and went on to Truckee Meadows Community College where he earned degrees in renewable energy and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC). He is employed by a local HVAC company. Additionally, he has taught HVAC at Truckee Meadows Community College, and owns his own photography company, AbbottOgraphy. A history lover, Mr. Abbott is a board member at the Sparks Heritage Museum. His community participation also includes service on the Sparks Citizens Advisory Committee and volunteer work with 39 North. He is one of the youngest members ever to serve on the Sparks City Council.
Contact Council Member Donald Abbott:
- Debt Management Commission
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Regional Planning Governing Board - Alternate
- Reno-Sparks Joint Sewer Coordinating Committee
- Sewer Appeals Committee
- Washoe County Senior Services Board of Trustees
- Western Regional Water Commission (appointed by Sparks)
- Board of Directors, Truckee River Flood Management Authority - Alternate